Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's Summer Time!

Today was a loooong day! I woke up at 7 to get ready for church. I had planned on getting up at 6:30 to run, but Brett had me up last night, so I scrapped the morning run. Any other day the kids would be waking me up at 7, but no, today I had to wake them up at 8:15. Of course... Well it was a mad dash to get to church for the 9:30 service, only to find out they went to the summer hours this week and church wasn't until 11:00. Of course... We did pretty good at church though, no major catastrophes.

Today was a very warm day, the warmest we've had this year I believe. A while back I bought the kids a sprinkler mat and it has been sitting in their closet. Every time they would see it they would pull it out and bring it to me. There are pictures of kids playing on it, so they know it is for them, and it's going to be fun!

Brileigh decided since she slept through church, she didn't really need a nap, so after lunch she and I dawned our swim suits and headed outside to try out the sprinkler mat. It was a huge hit! I was a little disappointed with the mat. Yes the dimensions were on the package, but the pictures showed 3 5 year old's running on it with room to spare. Oh well it was still fun.

A little while later the boys woke up so we all headed out. Brileigh decided to play with other toys and let her brothers explore the sprinkler. Brett's face says it all. Oh Yeah!


I love this picture. Brett looks like he is ready to jump in!


They all had so much fun outside today. There were tears when we had to head inside for supper! Notice in the picture below, I indulged myself with a hammock from KMart. It is so nice to lay on while the kids are busy playing!

And last, Rylan is the only one that got the fact that you could squish the little guys down and squirt the water high. He had a lot of fun smashing the faces and squirting his brother in the face!

Hopefully they are all worn out and sleep good all night long, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment